December 20, 2007

Approach with Caution

Again, the holidays are nipping at my heels and I have not done anything to prepare. I guess I have dreams of making handmade christmas cards and baking cookies, while listening to Bing Crosby. Instead, I know I am going to be running around, totally hassled, trying to do last minute Christmas shopping. I really want to enjoy this holiday. But it can be difficult, what with all the past tensions and stressors. Alas, maybe my new medication will make it easier to handle.

I have been reading a lot. I went on Georgette Heyer bender, where I read The Corinthian, False Colours, The Quiet Gentleman and April Lady. I have read so many of her books, sometimes I forget which ones I have already read. I do then pick up the lingo and start saying things like "havey cavey" and "funning" and "petticoat line". In between this stint, I have also read the Golden Compass and am now reading Caleb Carr's Angel of Darkness.

I just received a new book from Chevy Chase and his wife...as a thank you for all the work I do at FoE. It was a thoughtful gift. Although to be honest, when I saw the gift, I thought, who are the Chases. Do I know any Chases? Thanks to G for filling me in and giving me her email to thank them.

There is so much to do. SO MUCH.

I am intensely proud of my brother for uploading his work on his myspace page. However, I think maybe a flickr account would help him more. More people can gain access to it.

Time to do some work...although with our weeklong holiday approaching, so many people have already left the office. It's crazy. It is so quiet here.

No comments: